Saturday, October 11, 2008

Consistency

If there's one thing I wish I could change
Please bear with me, this could sound strange
It'd be the gift of consistency in every aspect
Home, work, church and even in the Jets

The problem is the chamellion in me
Adapting to my surroundings, not forgery
I call it testing the waters, feeling my way
Stepping outside my comfort zone which is so cliche

*REMIX*

I Corinthians 9:19-23 NIV
19Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. 22To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. 23I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

No need to continue the poem because He has shown me the reason for my inconsistency.


Sent from Tamz T-Mobile Sidekick®

2 comments:

Jaz said...

Yay I get to post the very first comment on ya blog, and of course follow your blog because somebody finally decided to follow mine lol. Maybe you can help me with my spiritual walk cuz lord knows I'm wobbly! You brought up a good point with consistency. The preachers always say "God is the same today as he was yesterday" or something like that. Wouldn't it be great if people were the same? I'm usually the same from day to day, but catch me on a PMS day, try to preach to me about consistency before offering me a chocolate bar & I'll bite your flippin head off!

Diddy Dom said...

yeah man!!! do ya thang girl!! i love it! this is so true. we as Christians always try to get be in Christ and the culture. we get so inconsistent because we want it both ways, you know. but you know what? one decision can end it all. all we have to do is decide to live fully for Christ. After that, you decide to die to flesh daily and to follow God's word (spoken and written). Then you'll be straight. Keep it up, girl!